On September 26, the Fair Saturday Foundation has organized an event at the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao to award a total of 9 initiatives.
The Fair Saturday Awards were created in 2017 in Bilbao to publicly recognize international initiatives of inspiring people and entities that transform society through art and culture.
The Fair Saturday 2022 awards ceremony will take place at the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao and will be attended by a variety of institutional, cultural and social representatives. In this edition there will be a total of 9 award-winning initiatives:
- Italian writer and philosopher Nuccio Ordine.
- Musicians without Borders from the Netherlands, an initiative that promotes cultural integration through arts education.
- Lindenbaum Festival Orchestra of South Korea, created for the meeting and dialogue between North Korea and South Korea.
- The Catalan network of cultural programmers Apropa Cultura, which guarantees access to culture for people at risk of social exclusion.
- Playing for Change Foundation in the United States, undoubtedly one of the most important non-profit institutions in the world music scene.
- Jordan's We Love Reading project, which empowers communities around the world (primarily youth and women) through reading.
- Candoco Dance Company, the London dance company made up of dancers with functional diversity.
- The space and theatrical project Pavilion 6 of Bilbao.
- The Garabide Association, in charge of revitalizing minority languages in the field of development cooperation.
September 26 is the European Day of Languages, so in the Garabide Association we will have two reasons to celebrate next Monday. Among the reasons for awarding the prize, the foundation wanted to highlight "the excellent work that the Garabide Association has done in promoting processes of linguistic revitalization of minority languages based on the Basque experience." Thank you very much for the award and we extend our recognition to all the people who are part of Garabide in one way or another.
More information: https://fairsaturday.org/en/fair-saturday-awards/